Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Firoz.T.Totanawala The Bangalore Metro Reporter SERVICE TAX DEPT SEEKS BACK INFORMATION FROM THE RTI APPLICANT





























































































BY FIROZ.T.TOTANAWALA 



Service Tax Department seeks back information from the RTI applicant 

If we think that all the departments that function under the Government at least have the data and information of the various agencies associated with them, it will be a shock to know that this is not true. 

 I filed an RTI with Service Tax Department seeking certain information about the two companies namely ECIL & CMS who executed Kaveri Project (Computerisation Project). 

I requested them to provide me the details as to when did the said companies register itself with the Service Tax Department, the Date and amount of service Tax paid by them. 

 Shockingly, the (CPIO) Service Tax Department, sent me a letter asking me to provide them the address and Service Tax Code number of M/s CMS, which as per my RTI request, has executed the Kaveri Project. The said company is required to be registered with them and they should be holding all the necessary details of the company. In stead, they asked me to provide them the details. 

 This is the way a department functions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment